Dermal filler aftercare sheet
Dermal filler is a common procedure which is unlikely to cause any serious complications. Rarely, complications occur and you need to be aware of them. We can treat complications in the clinic. If you have any concerns at any time about your treatment please call us immediately on 1800 248 975.
Common and normal side effects from dermal filler include :
- Bruising – can take up to 10 days to resolve
- Tenderness in the area that has been treated
If at any time you notice any of the following please call us on 1800 248 975 immediately as this may need urgent attention. You can call 24 hours a day:
- White discolouration of the skin in the region of the area that has been treated
- Mottled red appearance of the skin
- Skin turning black in or around the treated area
- Signs of infection – warmth, redness and discomfort in the areas of treatment with dermal filler
- Intense discomfort in the treated area
- Recurrent inflammation or redness in the treated area up to 2 years after treatment.
Eyesight problems have been reported after dermal filler including blindness. Thankfully this is extremely rare and we are not aware of any cases occurring in Australia. Blindness can occur if dermal filler is injected into a blood vessel which communicates with the eyes. Riskier areas for this include the tear trough, temples, naso-labial folds. If you notice any change in eyesight after dermal filler injection please call us immediately on 1800 248 975 as this would require immediate attention.