Do I need any preparations before I go on anti wrinkle or dermal filler treatment?
There are no specific “preparations” prior to anti-wrinkle injections, or dermal fillers. However, there are a few recommendations I like to give my patients, as follows:
- If you’re not under the care and prescription of your doctor for medical reasons to be on blood thinning medications (this includes over-the-counter medications), try to avoid taking these for at least 1-2 weeks prior to treatment, especially for dermal filler. The reason being is that blood thinning medications increase your risk of bleeding and bruising, significantly. In some cases, there might be too much blood in the area for us to go back in the same area with the needle, and treatment cannot be finished. Blood thinning medications include, but are not limitied to; Aspirin, Warfrin, fish oil, krill oil, Iboprofen, green tea, and ginko bilobia.
- Avoid alcohol for the day before, of and after injections. Again, it things the blood.
- If you have ever suffered with cold sores, you may wish to take an anti-viral medication the day before and 3-5 days after injection, if you’re getting injections around the mouth/ lips.
- No sunburnt or compromised skin barriers from treatment such as lasers and peels for 1-2 weeks before treatment, depending on how much downtime you had from the treatment.
- For dermal fillers, no dental work for 2 weeks prior to injections due to the risk of infection.
- If you bruise easily, some people like to take Arnica a day or two before their injections to help with healing. This is completely optional and a personal decision, if you wish to.
Do you have a question? Chat with the Cityskin team now
At Cityskin our expert team loves to help.If you have a question about cosmetic treatments please click here and ask us!