We often treat patients before weddings in order to give the best appearance for photos on the day. Wedding makeup is generally heavier than everyday makeup and this can make lines more noticeable.
Over the course of the day as you smile, frown and lift your eyebrows you will notice makeup makes your lines stand out more.
Anti-wrinkle injections before your wedding
We recommend that you have a ‘trial run’ of anti-wrinkle treatment about 4 months before your wedding and then a retreatment 2-3 weeks before the actual wedding date. The trial run is to make sure that you get a perfect result which we then replicate for the big day.
We are confident injectors at Cityskin and routinely treat patients before weddings so you can be sure that you are in safe hands.
Dermal fillers before your wedding
Dermal fillers should ideally be peformed at least 3 weeks before your wedding. This allows the filler and any associated bruising and swelling to settle. Dermal filler if often treated in stages and you may need a couple of treatments to achieve the optimum result.
We find that makeup sits better on the skin when you have had anti-wrinkle treatment and looks great in wedding photos.
Key points to remember:
- Anti-wrinkle treatment takes between 5 and 12 days to take effect and lasts, on average, 3 months (depending on the units used).
- Dermal filler lasts up to 18 months and takes effect within 48 hrs.
- Bruising can occur after both dermal filler and anti-wrinkle treatment which is why we avoid treating you less than 2 weeks before the wedding
Double chin injections before your wedding
We recommend having double chin injections at least 8 weeks before your wedding. Swelling after double chin injections generally lasts for up to 2 weeks but you can have some residual firmness in the under chin area for up to 8 weeks.
Dr Brown discussing how makeup looks better after anti-wrinkle treatment
- We recommend having a trial run of anti-wrinkle injections 4 months before your wedding
- Dermal fillers should be performed at least 2 weeks before your wedding
- Double chin injections should be performed at least 8 weeks before your wedding