15% of our patients at Cityskin in Melbourne are men and, with the introduction of double chin treatments in 2017, we have been seeing more men at our clinic each year. There are subtle differences in the way we treat men and women with cosmetic injectables and we take our time to fully understand the results you want to achieve.
We are mindful that you may not want friends, work colleagues, maybe even your partner to know that you have had treatment done and we can achieve this by treading carefully. We also have to be careful not to feminise the face and this is why we treat men and women very differently.
At Cityskin we are all experienced injectors and love treating the male face. Men – at Cityskin we get you! Scroll down to read through our male treatment guide and book a free consultation with one of our practitioners at Cityskin in Melbourne or Sydney.
What are the most popular cosmetic injectable treatments for men?
The most popular treatments for men at Cityskin clinics in Melbourne are:
- Forehead lines – by far the most popular treatment for men at Cityskin
- Frown lines – see photo below. We can easily reduce frown lines with anti-wrinkle injections.
- Crows feet – these are the lines around the eyes that form as we age and squint in the sun.
- Jawline dermal filler (lines from the nose to the corner of the mouth)
- Double chin reduction / double chin injections – this is a great new treatment to reduce the fullness under the chin. Click here to find out more about double chin injections for men – a great alternative to liposuction.
- Chin dermal filler (see photo below) – chin filler can be used to enhance the chin and improve your profile.
The differences between treating men and women
The main differences between treating men and women with anti-wrinkle injections are:
- Men usually need at least 1.5 times the number of anti-wrinkle units compared to women. Read about about anti-wrinkle units here.
- When treating the male forehead it doesn’t matter if it drops the brow slightly – it is a masculinising feature
- Don’t always treat crows feet. Keeping some lines can make for a more natural result and, believe it or not, a lot of people like men to have crows feet and lines. It is said to be ‘distinguished’.
- A fairly common treatment for women is facial slimming as this gives a more slender appearance to the jaw. We rarely treat the jaw with anti-wrinkle injections because this feminises the face. An attractive feature in men is a strong jaw and we don’t want to change this.
- Be careful to avoid the ‘frozen look’ when you have your forehead treated – it can look a bit obvious to friends and colleagues. Find out more about how to avoid the frozen look.
Anti-wrinkle treatments for men in Melbourne
At Cityskin in Melbourne our experienced team we treats hundreds of men each year with anti-wrinkle injections. By far the most popular anti-wrinkle treatments for men at our clinic are forehead lines and frown lines and then crows feet.
As you can see from the picture below – us men have stronger muscles which need more anti-wrinkle product to have an effect. The patient below used around 35 units to treat his frown. This is one of the strongest frown lines that we have treated at Cityskin and is more units that we’d use to treat the whole of the face in a female. You aren’t likely to need 35 units to treat your frown but it is just an indication of how we need to treat men differently.
The good news about treating male forehead lines is that we can use larger units to achieve a longer result – we don’t have to worry so much about the eyebrow or eyelid height. If anything us men look more masculine if we drop the eyebrow height – we look more like Chris Hemsworth! The video below shows Dr Brown from Cityskin discussing the difference between treating male and female lines with anti-wrinkle treatment.
Dermal filler treatments for men in Melbourne
Let’s face it – Brad Pitt is a good looking guy. But have you ever wondered what makes a male face attractive? Key features to attractive male faces are:
- A strong angle of the jaw. Think of Dr Chris Brown (Bondi Vet) or David Beckham
- A low, flat brow with deep set eyes
- Strong outer cheek and a flatter mid cheek
- Facial proportion – upper, mid and lower thirds of the face having the same height
- A chin with the same width as the mouth
Dermal fillers in men are used to enhance strength in these key areas and provide a balance to the upper, mid and lower parts of the face. This is often achieved using dermal filler at the angle of jaw, along the jawline and chin. The ‘ideal’ chin width in men in the width of the mouth whereas in women it is the width of the nose. Dermal fillers can be used to widen the width of the chin and project it downwards and forwards to achieve a more masculine profile.
As with anti-wrinkle injections – we have to be very careful with dermal filler in men to not feminise the face. An attractive female face tends to have fullness in the mid and outer cheek with a smooth convex curve. Men are flatter in the mid cheek with a stronger outer cheek and we have to be mindful to get the balance and look right.
Double chin injections for men in Melbourne
We love performing double chin injections at Cityskin. When treating men we pay particular attention to the jawline and under chin as these are the areas that give us our masculine look. Using double chin injections we can reduce double chin fullness and give the appearance of a stronger jawline. This is a permanent, non surgical way of dissolving double chin fat. Find out all about double chin injections in Melbourne read our comprehensive treatment guide.
The photos below show patients that we have treated with double chin injections at Cityskin. This patient had 2 vials in 2 seperate treatments. Treatments were 6 weeks apart. The double chin has reduced and it is no longer visible on the front-on view. The patient was delighted with this result. Please note that results can vary.
How do I book an appointment?
Cityskin practitioners are experienced at treating men. Book a free consultation at Cityskin clinic here.