Cosmetic treatments for men | Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney
Approximately 15% of our patients at Cityskin are men and we are treating more men each year.
We are mindful that you may not want friends, work colleagues, maybe even your partner to know that you have had treatment done and we can achieve this by treading carefully.
At Cityskin we are all experienced injectors and we assess your movement thoroughly before treatment in order to achieve the look that you would like.
Most popular treatments for men at Cityskin clinic
The most popular treatments for men at Cityskin clinic are:
- Crows feet – these are the lines around the eyes that form as we age and squint in the sun.
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines – see photo below. We can easily reduce frown lines with anti-wrinkle injections.
- Nasolabial folds (lines from the nose to the corner of the mouth)
- Double chin reduction / double chin injections – this is a great new treatment to reduce the fullness under the chin. Click here to find out more about double chin injections for men – a great alternative to liposuction.
- Chin dermal filler (see photo below) – chin filler can be used to enhance the chin and improve your profile.
The differences between treating men and women
The main differences between treating men and women with anti-wrinkle injections are:
- Men usually need at least 1.5 times the number of anti-wrinkle units compared to women. Read about about anti-wrinkle units here.
- When treating the male forehead it doesn’t matter if it drops the brow slightly – it is a masculinising feature
- Don’t always treat crows feet. Keeping some lines can make for a more natural result and, believe it or not, a lot of people like men to have crows feet and lines. It is said to be ‘distinguished’.
- A fairly common treatment for women is facial slimming as this gives a more slender appearance to the jaw. We rarely treat the jaw with anti-wrinkle injections because this feminises the face. An attractive feature in men is a strong jaw and we don’t want to change this.
- Be careful to avoid the ‘frozen look’ when you have your forehead treated – it can look a bit obvious to friends and colleagues. Find out more about how to avoid the frozen look.
A video explaining the difference between treating forehead lines in men and women
How do I book an appointment?
Cityskin practitioners are experienced at treating men. Book a free consultation at Cityskin clinic here.
Double chin injections
The most important thing to assess in your 40s is whether there is loose skin under the chin or not. If there is some laxity in the skin under the chin then double chin injections may not be ideal for you.
This is the first model patient that we treated at Cityskin. She has had 2 vials in 2 seperate treatments. Treatments were 6 weeks apart. The double chin has reduced and it is no longer visible on the front-on view. The patient was delighted with this result. Please note that results can vary.
Popular anti-wrinkle treatments for men